Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Aloha...

After 2004's excellent Here Comes Everyone the boys in Aloha are back with a new disc titled Some Echoes. If you liked their last record you'll probably be salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs for this one. It's pretty much more of the same. That means more slightly proggy high end musicianship crafted into powerful rock. This time around the band's leaning a little less on the guitar and a bit more on the keys. This is probably at least in part due to the departure of their vibraphone player. That sentence just sounds weird. I can't say I loved Here Comes Everyone purely and without reservation. Sometimes the jamming got too noodly and the whole prog tone of the thing killed my buzz. But then they'd come out with a song like "Perry Como Gold" and I'd be all weak in the knees. Some Echoes is like that as well. Sometimes I'm just bored but then the band hits their stride and it's all so good.

1 from Some Echoes:

If I Lie Down

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home