Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Meadows...

Sorry for the delay, I've been away. But it's not like I'm getting paid to do this or anything. Sometimes you gotta do what needs to be done. Not that I haven't been thinking of you, I have. It's a little known fact that I get dizzy at the beginning of a new month and have to lie down for a few days. Couple that with being so close to sea level and it's a wonder I haven't simply sat down on the couch to watch reruns of What's Happening (love the crazy dance that Rerun does) and not gotten up. Then I spend a bunch of unproductive time wondering how people end up trying to sell stuffed mooses (meese?) on Craiglist for $300. Who's out there browsing for used taxidermy? I mean if you need to have a stuffed moose head in your house at least have the fucking good sense to go shoot it yourself.

So obviously you can understand my lack of posts.

But I'm here today with some excellent power pop from The Meadows. I used to work with one of these guys when he lived in SF. He's long gone to LaLa land but he and his partner in songwriting are still cranking out seriously infectious songs. This is just fun to listen to, great soaring choruses, powerful melodies. They're like a less dour, less British, more guitar version of Coldplay. I've really been enjoying the record.

1 song from The Meadows:

Younger Yesterday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home