Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Bicycles...

The goddamn Canadians need to relax with all the high quality pop music. I mean it's a subversive invasion of head nodding guitar theatrics, hand grenades of melody and high altitude strafings of harmony. The latest band to assault my ears is The Bicycles. I believe they're from Toronto, but it's all the same to me once you get north of Michigan. I think of The Bicycles as a hybrid of Architecture in Helsinki, Belle & Sebastian, and Zoloft. It's all about pop songs on MDMA, harmonies after a whippet, a summer day on a bicycle, holding the hand of your best girl or boy while hiding from a rain shower. Jangly and delicious it makes my sack relax. Let the pop waves run over you. The Bicycles album is The Good, The Bad and The Cuddly and can difficult to locate stateside. A recent resource I've been using to get the good stuff from north of Minnesota is Zunior, check it out.

3 songs from the fun loving Bicycles:

Paris Be Mine

Gotta Get Out

I Know We Have To Be Apart

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

reminds me of steely dan, almost elevator music tunes disgusing outstanding lyrics.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home