Friday, October 27, 2006

It's Friday Random...

I need theme music. I know I hear it in my head when I type "friday random", it's kind of a cross between circus clown music, an organ grinder, and The Decemberists. Wait, is there a difference?

If you are at all like me then you need to be visiting DJ Shir Khan's site regularly. There's plenty of interesting stuff to look at, but in his download section he's got sets saved as long (usually about 90minutes) mp3s. And dude can work the wheels. This is but shaking good time DJ sets, innovative, interesting, rocking. Now in reference to that "if you're like me" statement I mean if you like to drink too many Budweisers every now and then and wear your boxers on the outside of your pants and shake it like a white girl on Dance Party USA, then perhaps we have something in common. However, when I'm making an ass out of myself I'm still discriminating in my tunes. DJ Shirkhan sets can rock the house party but good. Check out some of the downloads, "Ghostride" is particularly good.

On to more serious biz. I just finished Cormac McCarthy's most recent The Road. Now I'll preface this by saying that I'm a huge Mccarthy fan. The Border Trilogy is fantastic and I don't think I've ever been as creeped out by a book as I was while reading Blood Meridian. But The Road just blew me away. It's heartbreakingly sad, desolate, crushing and ultimately redemptive. I'm a sucker for a father son story, I'll admit that. But the emotional resonance of the book isn't due solely to my personal baggage. This is was an engrossing, captivating read that I recommend to everyone.

Have a good weekend. Keep your underwear on the inside, unless, you know, you don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home