Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sometree...

What's .de stand for? I think it's Denmark. I may be coming off like an ignorant American but I'm really not sure. My other stab would be...hmm I'm not even sure. I think it's Denmark. So, therefore, for the purposes of this post I'm going to tell you that Sometree is from Denmark and I'm sure someone will gleefully correct me if I'm wrong. Whatever the land of origin may be the soil certainly seems to grow strong guitar pop. Sometree has a dark edge that reminds me for some reason of The Blue Nile (which is a band about as far away from guitar based pop as I can conjure). I think it's the swirling lilt of the vocals, maybe the way the melody floats on a bed of rhythm guitar. Good song.

from the 2006 album Bending The Willows:

Hands And Arrows

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I can't help it. .de = Deutschland = Germany

10:26 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

I knew someone would set me straight. Thanks.

Pete

10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yep they're from Hanover or Hamburg i think in germany.. listen to some of their earlier works, they are an absolutely fantastic band, complete genious!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home