Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I slither through the streets...

So far here at Bars & Guitars I've mostly covered singer songwriter types and bands that play what is usually called "indie rock". I like this music very much. I think there's huge amounts of untapped bands and songwriters that people need to hear about. But never let it be said that Bars & Guitars doesn't like to rock (or more specifically, like to "rauck!!").

A long time ago in a land far, far away I went to high school in Bethesda, Maryland. It was a good place to grow up and made many good friends. I also got into punk rock, new wave, and ska. In high school my musical svengali was a guy named Jason. He introduced me to the Specials, Madness, The Jam, and a host of other bands that became my musical foundation. I suppose it was inevitable that Jason would eventually start a band, be a lead singer, and start his own label. From afar I watched as Jason took his band Adam West from a loud indie rock via The Cult sound to a full blown we're-gonna-rock-you-loud-and-hard noise machine. As you can see from the website, Adam West won the Washington Bay Area Best Hard Rock Band for many years in a row. I don't really find Jason's transformation into a rock god surprising, I mean we're talking about the same guy who stuck his dick in the dip at a post high school party. All the tools were at his disposal. They are currently touring europe where, Jason tells me, they do very well with the rock and roll kids. I think he said it was their 5th tour of the old country, so they must be doing something right. When you're on the Adam West website check out the hate mail section. It's very funny. So bang your head until your neck hurts.


Paint It Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home