Friday, October 15, 2004

You could use some good tires, before the storm

I feel like the rabbit in Alice In Wonderland, "I'm late, I'm late". I was on the road all day (a rarity) and never had a chance to post todays song. This is good and bad. Bad because I don't want my many fans to fret after their daily pop confection. Good because it gave me a chance to really think about why I like Unbunny so much. The newest album from Unbunny is called Snow Tires and it just makes me grin from ear to ear. This is odd because the songs are poignant break up ditties for the most part. But there is just something about the way that Jarid Del Deo turns a phrase. He is essentially Unbunny, but he gets by very well with the help of his friends. As I understand it this is his fifth album but the first on the excellent Parasol Records, whose artists I'm sure will pop up here again. It's been a long day and I'd rather rest me weary legs on the couch than concern myself with the particulars of Unbunny. Just understand that Snow Tires is a rare record. It will certainly make my year end top 10 list. But it will go unheard by so many people simply because it's on a small label releasing great but idiosyncratic records. This should be changed. This record should be heard by as many as possible. It's touching, melodic, a little sad, but so authentic and heartfelt. Todays song should be enjoyed after you've had your second beer. Replay with the third and call me in the morning.

I Leave Stones Unturned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home