Thursday, August 24, 2006

Varied And Various...

Some bits and bobs, a meat and kidney pie and bob's your uncle. It's like the British speak a different language, in'nt? I will most likely spare you my blinding wit and instead point you to some cool as shit:

A very cool video of South San Gabriel playing in an elevator. Be patient the download is a bit slow but it's coming from like Bangladesh or at least New Zealand and that's so very far away. They play 2 songs in an elevator while confused folk come and go. It's neat.

Mark Eitzel will be making an appearance at SF's Noise Pop Festival with a new band in tow, or at least a new name:

NOISEPOP PROUDLY PRESENTS

MARK EITZEL and All the Lost Anchors of the Pacific

August 26 - San Francisco, CA
Swedish American Hall

with very special guest: JESSE DENATALE

This message was posted on the Undertow Records site:

MARK EITZEL and All the Lost Anchors of the Pacific
August 26 - San Francisco, CA
Swedish American Hall

I am doing a show at the Swedish American Hall and as it is my first
solo show in San Francisco in 2 years I wanted to to do something
special. The newer songs I am writing all require backround harmonies
so I hired Dan Carr (from Court and Spark) and his wife Jen (celebrity
hairdresser and trained singer) to make spooky haunting vocal
harmonies. I am trying to play all the new songs I can - just to get
them done! I hate to promote myself so this is kind of hard - but I am
genuinely excited to be playing the Swedish American - and to do these
new songs with these people. The band might be expanded a little more
but I don't know yet who will be in it. Also on the Bill is the GREAT
songwriter Jesse DeNatale. So it is going to be a beautiful Saturday night, I think...

I believe that's this weekend. So you're on notice, eh?

The new album from Michael Zapruder's Rain of Frogs entitled New Ways of Letting Go is quite good in that Beatlesesque way that Zapruder has of spinning out a song:

3 from Zapruder's new album:

The Alchemist

Haymaker Market

Sheperds Purse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home