Friday, June 17, 2005

The Orange Peels...

The Orange Peels is a rare post where I'm not intimately familiar with the band through extensive listening. I don't like to post music until I'm sure I like it, but today I make an exception. This is probably good because it will spare you, dear reader, from my usual rambling and desperate search for metaphor. The Orange Peels are from the bay area and they sound like (to me) the follow: The Smiths, The Housemartins, The Beach Boys, the beach, summer with the top down.

I got their record Circling The Sun yesterday and have been loving 3/4 of it and scratching my head at the remaining 1/4. But that 3/4's kills it.

Have a good weekend. Oh yeah, here's my review of the new Pernice Brothers record which is very good (the album not really the review).

2 songs from The Orange Peels:

Something In You

California Blue

3 Comments:

Blogger evan said...

Hey, dude-Like your blog. I'm trying to use that referrer feed code taht you have, for my blog, but I go to the website and can't find the code. What am I doing wrong???

5:12 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Man, you have had some great posts lately. Just wanted to say 'keep it up!"

I saw Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers a couple of months ago -- they are good fun and Perry Wright is a really nice guy. It's nice to see them getting attention outside of NC. I think they could do big things.

Mark/The Oak Room

12:44 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

also curious about which 1/4 of the album is head-scratching, and why.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home