Thursday, October 21, 2004

Music, music, there's too much music...

Thinking/listening about a lot of things today. I recently heard about a a very good band called The Legends. I believe they're Swedish. They combine alot of really interesting elements into a brilliant stew of rock/pop excellence. If I were to play the "influence/they sound like" game I would say this: Psychocandy era Jesus And Mary Chain tempered with some Smiths fronted by Bernard Sumner with a bit more voice. Is it derivative? Sure. But isn't everything, the challenge is to take those influences and make them your own. It's the old eye to the future with a nod to the past. On the website check out their video for "There and Back Again".

In other news Craig at Songs:illinois introduced me to a very good band called Ox. Todays song is called "Trans Am" and any song that reminds me of Smokey and the Bandit is OK by me. It's a mellow folk rock run that reminds me of Neil Young and has a bizarrely placed riff from the James Bond theme about 3/4 of the way through.

Trans Am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home