Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Jenny Lewis with The Watsons...

Coming Jan. 24th on Team Love Records is Rabbit Fur Coat from Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley. Supposedly Jenny was chasing the ghosts of white soul on this record. I think she caught a couple because the two songs that are available for download right now are pretty stunningly beautiful. If I had to cast a net of comparisons I'd look towards Dusty Springfield and Nancy Sinatra, though there is an undeniable feeling of modernity to these songs which save them from merely being homage to another era. Here are the links in case you're too lazy to get them yourself.

Rise Up With Fists

Melt Your Heart

In other news the beard is coming in quite nicely. I've stopped itching and believe I can actually make to a point where I don't look like a homeless man. Thanks for asking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home