Monday, October 25, 2004

I don't want to fight 'cause I know what's right...

What happened to Track Star? After releasing the brilliant Lion Destroyed the Whole World in 2002 they kinda dissappeared. It's sad that I have no idea what's become of them since they are a bay area band. None the less they leave in their wake a great album. Lion is full of catchy pop tunes, thin breathy vocals and a text book lesson in dynamics. Todays song starts off so unassumingly quiet, just a lightly strummed guitar before accelerating at the chorus into a small explosion of guitar and a really fun sing-a-long chorus. Play it loud in your car on the way home from work and I double dog dare you not to sing the chorus at the top of your lungs, while still trying to maintain the hushed "I'm a cool indie rock guy" tone.

In a quick toot of my own horn (but really isn't a blog just one long toot) the main page of Junk Media today has an interview with the current boys of the moment The Faint conducted by yours truly. I spoke with the keyboardist Jacob Thiele about 2 weeks ago from a tour stop in Philadelphia. I haven't done a lot of interviews yet, but I found Jacob to be bright and well grounded with some insightful things to say about being an "it" band.

Enjoy the song by "Feet First" by Track Star and if anyone knows what happened to these guys let me know.

Feet First