Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Okay: Low Road...

Alright, the second disc from Okay. See yesterday's post for relevant info regarding the man (Marty Anderson) behind Okay. The more I listen to these two discs the more impressed I am. I keep coming back to the feeling that if Dan Bejar in the guise of Destroyer can get his ass kissed for making a lush pop record like Your Blues, than Okay should be getting hyped as an easy top 10 finisher for album(s) of the year. I think it's that good. The more I'm able to understand Anderson's lyrics the more that I understand that these records are about politics as viewed from his unique home bound perspective. He's asking all kinds of questions: in his position what contribution can he make to the dialogue in the country? Does his infirmity make him any less a citizen? His voice any less passionate, resolute, honest? I'll stop gushing about my current obsession and let you listen to a couple more songs. Remember album is released end of this month, you can get it here.

2 songs from Okay's Low Road:

Hoot

Holy War

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Right now, Low Road/High Road(especially Low Road) is the best album I have heard so far.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home