Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Drive-By Truckers...

Ok, I'll admit this is a lazy post because I imagine that everyone who comes by bars & guitars to sup at the musical bufet knows these fellas pretty well. But it's fucking raining again here in No. Cal and it's May! Do you hear what I'm saying! It doesn't rain here this late. It's just stupid. It's been a weird winter and it hasn't ended yet. Anyway I guess my point in moaning about the weather is that it totally demotivates me, making it hard to garner the energy necessary for a day of work much less put together a relatively coherent post about a band. So I'm just posting this one song from The Drive-By Truckers excellent The Dirty South. If anyone can blow the metaphoric, if not literal, clouds from this damp day in San Francisco's South of Market district Patterson Hood can.

1 song from The Dirty South:

Carl Perkins' Cadillac

Buy The Dirty South over HERE

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello I am Chuck Montgomery. I heard the Drive by Truckers music at the Richmond Rock and Roll 400. Smokin'! Thought provoking and rocking at the same time. A unique band in a carbon copy world!

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are what southern rock, or rock in general, should be.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know the more I listen to these guys the more I love this record. I think Patterson's going to have a solo record soon.

Pete

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DBT RULES

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you heard this one before a man walks into a bar and leaves before his ashes hit the floor STAR BAR THANKS

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home