Friday, February 11, 2005

Pinback...

Pinback has been around for awhile. Or I should say that the 2 principles in Pinback have been around the San Diego scene for awhile. Members of Pinback have been in Three Mile Pilot , Black Heart Procession , Heavy Vegetable , Thingy , Physics , and Optiganally Yours. With their newest record Summer in Abanddon Pinback seem to be making a case for the big time. There's so much "catchy" in this album that you'll be lucky to escape your first listen with out at least a couple of these songs stuck in your head the rest of the day. You see, there's a middle ground between noise bands and Coldplay. All the indie rock haters out there probably feel safe to listen to Pinback now and then. They have lots of street cred, while producing breezy rock pop records like this one. This is a really strong record. I recommend it.

2 from Summer in Abanddon:

Soaked

3x0

3 Comments:

Blogger Jericho said...

Pinback released one of the most underappreciated albums of the year. According to my ITunes, the track "Fortress" is my sixth most listened to track.

I love it. I put the album at nine on the top 10 list I never posted on my blog.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fortress is great. I have listened to Blue Screen Life and Summer in Abaddon all week at work. They pull the unexpected into their sonegs. Using different instruments and striaght up great guitar playing.

I will definately catch them when they come to town.

Prog

Syracuse

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only recently gotten into Pinback, but I love this album. glad you guys are diggin' on it.

Pete

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home