Tuesday, March 29, 2005

No Address...

So it was recently pointed out to me that I've been harping in these pages about my age a little too much. Oh well, when you're feeling it you're feeling it. Not much I can do about that, but I suppose I can refrain from singing the woe-be-gone tunes of those over thirty. It's really not all that bad. I think it's become more of a schtick with me than anything. I'm still as enthusiastic about the music I find as I've ever been and, frankly, my basketball game's never been better.

Today I let you in on a dirty little secret. I have a terrible sweet tooth for unambitious pop rock music. I think it all started with my collegiate obsession with Dramarama which, of course, is musically about as deep as a child's wading pool but so damn catchy. Ever since then I've always hid my secret love of loud guitar hooks, catchy choruses and pogo drum beats from my fellow indie rock purists. Well, if ever there was a band ripe for what I call "influence pointing" it's No Address. They appear to be a bunch of pretty boys who wear their Nirvana riffs on their sleeves and practiced rock posturing stuffed in their pants, but they've written a couple of catchy songs and I'm apt to give them credit for that. I've now exposed my bruised inner pop loser to the masses, I feel liberated and a bit ill at the same time.

The album comes out on April 26th it's called Time Doesn't Notice and is sure to be all over TRL and MTV2, it's calculated, sure, but it's also a bit fun.

1 song:

Lasting Words

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home