Friday, March 25, 2005

Full White Drag....

This is a bit out of the realm of what I usually listen to, but not that far.Full White Drag is from Canada and plays what I've always called post punk. They remind me of the days when I was obsessed with bands like Knapsack, The Jealous Sound, Pond, and more recently Audio Learning Center. Full White Drag plays it loud, angular and rhythmic. It's probably that I'm getting old that I don't crank up bands like this as much anymore but every now and then I get an itch for LOUD. Today FWD is doing me just right. It's cranking in the background at work giving me the head bobs (minus whiteman's over bite, thank you very much). Word is that the band is amazing live so check and see if they're going to be near you and let me know how it was. I'm curious if anyone caught them at SXSW? They got 2 albums out, I'm posting from their current 5 song EP Everything Will FAll On One Night.

Enjoy and have a good Easter. I'll be taking my daughter to her grandmothers house where we will explain to her the signifigance of celebrating the brutal bloddy death of a very nice man by hiding hardboiled eggs, eating chocolate, eating small chickens made of marshmallow, and fooling her into believing that a swift wise rabbit sneaks around the house at night carrying a basket filled with the above things.

Great St. Clair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home