Thursday, November 03, 2005

Mendoza Line...

Have you gotten a taste of the new Mendoza Line yet? It's called Full Of Light And Fire and it's pretty damn good. If you're used to Mendoza plying a slightly tainted alt country ground you may not recognize the band. They're way more rock on this record. Rock in a Replacements, Stones, even Dylan kinda way. Not that their dustier americana leanings are completely gone, but I'd say they've definitely been subverted by the a more straightforward blues based rock sound. It sounds good on them as well. Shannon McCardle in particular is in excellent form. Her voice keeps getting better and better. If you enjoyed the slightly mellow but indie rock stylings of their Slow Dazzle side project don't expect this record to follow in dreamy suit, there's simply more rockin' and less navel gazing.

After all the talk of rock I'm posting one of the mellower songs on the record (why must I make it so difficult?) simply because I've listened to it 4 times today already so I must like it. You'll just have to trust me about the rawk. I haven't touched on the overtly political/critical nature of the record, but that's there in spades.

from Full Of Light And Fire to be released Nov. 22 (my birthday incidentally):

Settle Down, Zelda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home