Thursday, November 10, 2005

Brendan Benson...

Despite the fact that I absolutely loved Lapalco it's taken me a ridiculously long time to get around to picking up Alternative To Love. And guess what? I'm a little disappointed. If you liked Lapalco you'll probably like Alternative To Love. This time out Benson concentrates a bit more on his guitar playing a bit at the expense of those beautiful harmonies. If you listen to the indie rock at all you'lve probably heard the single "Cold Hands (Warm Heart)" already. A pure nugget of pop goodness it's as good an example of what Brendan Benson does so well: craft sing-a-long choruses full of hook and melody. But it's the high point of the album. I'm fond of todays' song but it doesn't get me nodding the head the way Lapalco does. It's not bad, it's just not great. Still tons of potential in Mr. Benson.

1 song from Alternative To Love:

What I'm Looking For

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home