Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A Few Pleasant Surprises...

The first pleasant surprise is that I realized today that I've been keeping this blog in production for 1 year. I'll call today my one year anniversary, a bit arbitrary but that's about par for the course.

The second pleasant surprise is discovering a single brilliant pop song while trolling the internet for brilliant pop songs. More often than not I'm left disillusioned and dizzy from to many pop up ads for Zoloft, but not today. Thanks to the folks with the good ears at Monitor Records I found a song by a band called Hudson Bell that's a swirly mess of fuzzy guitars hiding a picture perfect pop tune. A nice surprise on a slow day at work.

from Hudson Bell's When The Sun Is The Moon:

Atlantis Nights

Enjoy Thanksgiving. Remember to be thankful for something at least for a moment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Good find--very pretty song. But is it just me or does the lead guy's voice sound a bit like Conor Oberst's?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Conor Oberst, huh? I'll buy that. I was thinking he sounded a bit like the lead singer of Mobius Band, kind of nasaly and all.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

Happy 1 year, man

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home