Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Pacific Ocean Fire..

I know I've been a bit out of touch lately but, c'mon, it's not like I'm getting paid to do this and besides today's my birthday and still I take time to bring you the goods. Whatever those goods may be. Near as I can tell Pacific Ocean Fire is a brit band that plays a sorta twisted folk country rock deal. The songs tend to squirm and crawl towards their resolution, breaking, gathering, marching on, sometimes sounding very traditional, sometimes sounding like an experiment in awkwardness.

Aside from Pacific Ocean Fire check out the other bands on Smokey Lung Recordings which claims to bring us the very best in analog rock. It's clearly a small label fighting the good fight for good music. Buy direct from them if you can.

2 songs from Pacific Ocean Fire's self title debut:

Mistakes And Lucky Clover

This Day Is Shot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home